Algorithms and Data Structures
|Erasmus code / ISCED:||
(0613) Software and applications development and analysis
|Course title:||Algorithms and Data Structures|
|Name in Polish:||Algorithms and Data Structures|
|Organizational unit:||Faculty of Physics|
|ECTS credit allocation (and other scores):||
|Type of course:||
Knowledge of selected algorithms and data structures.
Ability to use algorithms and data structures in own programming projects.
(in Polish) w sali
Learning new kind of data structures and acquire skills in using them.
Designing and writing algorithms with use of C++ language. Making use one of free of charge integrated development environment.
Study profile: general academic
Study form: stationary
Subject type: obligatory
Discipline and discipline of science: computer science
Study year, semester: year 3, semester 5
Module: utility computing
Punkty ECTS: 5
- participation in lectures (15 hours),
- participation in laboratory (45 hours),
- participation in consultations (15 hours),
- own work (solving algorithmic problems) at home (20 hours),
- preparation for the exam written or project implementation (30 hours).
student workload associated with activities requiring direct teacher participation - 3.6 ECTS;
student workload related to practical activities - 1.8 ECTS.
1. Rober Lafore – „Data Structures and Algorithms”, (ISBN: 0-672-31633-1).
1. Adam Drozdek – Data Structures and Algorithms in C++”.
1. Student know how to note algorithms in form of: list of steps, block scheme, Nassi-Shneiderman scheme.
2. Can determinate computational complexity of simple algorithms.
3. Can use simple tools (like JavaBlock) supporting algorithms designing.
4. Can apply recursion, understanding its strong and weak sides.
5. Can programing and take use classes (in C++) implementing interfaces of popular data structures like: arrays, stacks, queues, lists, trees and graphs.
6. Can designing and applying different kinds of sorting algorithms.
K_W24 (has basic knowledge of algoithmics and data structures);
K_U29 (can use English sources of knowledge);
k_K05 (can independent find information in literature and the intemet resources, also in foreign languages).
|Assessment methods and assessment criteria:||
Credit for the grade.
Final grade will include results of laboratory and the result of the written examination.
Final grade from laboratory.
The final grade from laboratory can be achived by student who pass one of two methods of veyfaing student's knowlage. Student choose form of examination (laboratory).
There is two form of examination (to choose):
I. Exam with using computer which will includ selecteded issues of material from laboratory (solve the problem by writing or modifying an algorithm with C++ language).
II. The project (solve one of the given problems by writing or modifying an algorithm in C++; problem can be choosen by student after consulting with a lecturer).
Copyright by University of Bialystok.